Research and Development Cell – Introduction
The Research and Development Cell aims to nurture research culture in the College by promoting research in newly emerging and challenging areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities. It encourages the students and faculty to undertake the research in newly emerging frontier areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities including multidisciplinary fields. This enhances the general research capability of budding technocrats by way of participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, project competition, etc.
- To create awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among the students & faculty and to create Research and Development atmosphere in every department
- To create interest and atmosphere among the staff members to take up Research projects and improve their knowledge, skills and qualifications by registering Ph.Ds
- To motivate the faculty members of the group for R&D activities in the area of their specialization
- To encourage staff members and students to publish technical papers for publishing in National and reputed International Conferences/Journals
- To encourage faculty members of all the disciplines in engineering/science /humanities in R&D activities for their professional growth
- To assist the students to apply funding for conducting research under student project scheme to various funding agencies like TNSCST, IEI (I), DRDO, etc.
- To assist for applying and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP from various available funding agencies;
- To facilitate the growth of research activity among the activity, including developing mechanisms and targets to achieve this;
- To develop and coordinate strategies for maximizing the faculty’s success in gaining external research funding;
- To maintain and disseminate current information about relevant research policy areas and initiatives in government, in the professions and in relevant industries, including external funding opportunities;
- To develop strategies to foster research collaborations within the faculty, across faculty and institutes, and with agencies outside the college;
- To work with various departments to establish and develop faculty research priorities on interdisciplinary areas;
- To interact with industry, government, professions and the wider community on all research matters promote faculty research activities to external stakeholders;
- To coordinate faculty level workshops and staff development activites on research-related issues;
- To encourage development of activities to attract the best research higher degree students;
- To maintain effective links with government departments, authorities, business, and commerce and industry organizations relevant to the college research activities.