Internal Quality Assurance Cell
IQAC in any institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters. It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution or college. The role of IQAC in maintaining quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation becomes crucial, and the present research is therefore undertaken on a smaller scale to determine the exact status and functioning of IQAC and its outcome. The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by accredited institutions (after the first cycle) is a major step in pushing long-term quality standards.
To make quality the defining element of higher education in India through a combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives.
- To arrange for periodic assessment and accreditation of institutions of higher education or units thereof, or specific academic programmes or projects;
- To stimulate the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research in higher education institutions;
- To encourage self-evaluation, accountability, autonomy and innovations in higher education;
- To undertake quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes, and
- To collaborate with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance.
To promote the following core values among the HEIs of the country:
- Contributing to National Development
- Fostering Global Competencies among Students
- Inculcating a Value System among Students
- Promoting the Use of Technology
- Quest for Excellence
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
a) Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
b) The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
c) Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
d) Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
e) The credibility of evaluation procedures;
f) Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
a) Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
b) Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
c) Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
d) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
e) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
f) Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
g) Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
h) Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
i) Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
j) Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
• Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
• Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
• Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
• Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
• Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
• Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Admission : Mail : email@example.com, Mobile :9442132706, 8248072508, 9842465500, 9842865500
Official Mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal Mail Id : email@example.com
Contact No. : 04294232701,702,703