Bio Medical Engineering
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND MEDICAL PHYSICS LABORATORY
- PATHOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY LABORATORY
- HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
- BIOMEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION LABORATORY
- DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC EQUIPMENT LABORATORY
- MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING LABORATORY
BIOCHEMISTRY AND BIOPHYSICS LABORATORY
The Biochemistry and Biophysics laboratory carries out students to bring chemical and physical approaches to the study of biological problems.
- This laboratory focuses on topics that range from DNA transcription to cellular degeneration.
- This laboratory involved in these diverse processes, the investigators develop instruments and techniques to resolve, quantify, model, manipulate, and simulate biological
mechanisms at molecular and cellular levels.
LIST OF EQUIPMENT
- Elisa reader.
- Centrifuge Normal
- Haemoglobinometer & Neubaur‘s Chamber
- Capillary tubes & Wintrobe‘s tube
PATHOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY LABORATORY
Pathology is a medical specialty that determines the cause and nature of diseases by examining and testing body tissues and bodily fluids. The results from these pathology tests help doctors diagnose and treat patients correctly. Microbiology includes culturing of clinical specimens, including feces, urine, blood, sputum, cerebrospinal fluid and synovial fluid, as well as possible infected tissue.
LIST OF EQUIPMENT
- UV – Spectrometer
- Hot Air Oven for Sterilization
- Cryosectioning Freezing Microtome
- Optical Microscope
- Drying Oven
- Sonicator and Vortex Mixer
- Microbiological Incubator
- Laminar Air Flow
- Rotary Microtome
- Fridge (Refrigerator)
Human physiology Laboratory
Human physiology is the study of functions of the human body. it is the study of the functions of cells, specific organs, cardiovascular physiology, respiratory physiology, reproductive physiology and effects of diseases on organ or system functions.
- Centrifuge Normal
- Tuning fork
- Neubaur‘s Chamber
BIOMEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION LABORATORY
- The lab is to provide knowledge to the students on design, conduct and implement the experiments in the biological signals involving biomedical instrumentation.
- It focuses on development of technologies for the measurement and manipulation of parameters within biological systems, focusing on the application of engineering tools for
scientific discovery and for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
1. PH Meter and Conductivity Meter.
2. Photo Transducer for Pulse Measurement
3. Blood Flow Measurement System
4. Multi Parameter Simulator
5. Function Generator & DSO
DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC EQUIPMENT LABORATORY
- The lab is to provide practice and training for the students on all major diagnostic and therapeutic equipments. It involves recording and analysis of different Bio potentials and to study the various applications of ultrasound in the field of medicine.
- It is also aimed to give overall idea about the clinical applications and transmission of bio signals using telemetry techniques, sources of leakage current and methods used for monitoring leakage current.
1. Short wave & Ultrasound diathermy
2. ECG & Medical stimulator
3. Surgical diathermy & Electrical safety analyzer
4. Audiometer & Single parameter Telemetry system
MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING LABORATORY
- The Computer center is established with 30 computer systems loaded with programming software’s like C, C++, MATLAB, and Lab VIEW software.
- All the systems are provided with internet facility to access e–resources.
- Apart from the regular classes, the center is used to provide hands on training program and workshops by effectively using software’s for both internal and external participants to enhance their technical knowledge.
- The lab facility is also used for research and consultancy activities